Starting a PIN Code Session: Windows + Internet Explorer
LogMeIn Rescue is a tool that technicians use to access remote computers and mobile devices. While this guide speaks directly to the customer, Rescue technicians can use this section to understand the end-user experience during a remote support session. “You” in this document refers to the customer receiving remote support.
LogMeIn Rescue is safe and secure. All communication between the customer and the technician is SSL-encrypted.
Follow these instructions to download and start the LogMeIn Rescue Applet.
Important: The applet is a small program that must be running on your computer for the technician to be able to help you. The applet is automatically removed from your PC or Mac at session end.
Note: Actual screens and procedures may vary slightly depending on your operating system and LogMeIn Rescue settings on the technician’s side.
- Go to www.123Rescue.com – click here.
- The Support Connection page is displayed.
- The technician tells you a 6-digit code.
- Type the code in the box labeled Enter your 6-digit code.
- Click Start Download. You are asked to download the Support-LogMeInRescue.exe applet.
- Click Run to download the applet. The applet download should take about 15 to 30 seconds.
- Click Run to execute the applet.
- Once the applet is running, wait for the technician to activate your session.
- You may be asked to give the technician permission to perform certain actions. Click Yes to grant permissions, or No to deny.